Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


With Mother's Day just around the corner, I celebrate...

- That I have been a mom for almost 4 years
- That I have a mom that has been mothering for 40 years
- That I never knew I could love a child that much
- That I am capable of so much love
- That being a mom requires me to be so humble, patient while keeping my sanity

And....

- I redefine the whole new meaning of "multi-tasking" again
- I can actually survive on so little sleep some days
- I could actually wipe away the memory of labour pain
- All I listen to in the car is The Wiggles
- That having children bring out the best and worst in me at times
- Most importantly, I learn about loving unconditionally

But never did I realise...

- I could still be wiping those little bottoms and noses for many years to come
- That I will always have eyes at the back of my head
- That I will always be listening out for noises when I sleep at night
- That I will be feeding their hungry mouths for many many years to come
- That those damn little clothes, underwear, singlets are a pain to hang out and fold
- That I will be chauffeuring them from one spot to another day in day out for a very long time
- That it is absolutely normal if I go to work with some breakfast cereals still stuck in my hair

Also, realising the lesson that

- Having children can test and strengthened a marriage

And the hard truth that...

- That in the cold winter night of minus 3 deg c, I will still be the one waking up to a crying baby
- That I need to repeat myself 300 times before anything gets into their ears

Ah, motherhood. Hard as it may be at times.

Truth is, I love It because it is both a humbling and rewarding experience.

So, JD and I got together today to make some chocolate cupcakes for his primary caregiver, Andrea at daycare. Apart from me and hubby, Andrea has been the next person that has loved, cared our kids, not forgetting feeding them, wiping their bottoms, rocking them, while we left them in her care. She is like another mommy to our kids when we are away at work.

And to all the mommies out there, have a wonderful Mother's Day this Sunday!


6 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

Yum.....i want....!

Saturday, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

Can-not ...cos u not mother.....

Saturday, May 12, 2007  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

*pout*

Saturday, May 12, 2007  
Blogger kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day!:)

Saturday, May 12, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Sunday, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Crazymommy said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Monday, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home