Saturday, June 16, 2007

Chloe - 11 months old + JD - 3.10 years old

Oh Miss C at 11 months old is a funny one. She is cheeky, real cheeky. She gets really happy and excited everytime she tries something new. And it could be the simplest thing, such as sitting on a rock for the first time, feeling the sand in her hands for the first time, crawling on the grass, learning to blow air onto my face, copying my actions and so forth.

She is finding out lots of things around her. The grass, the sand, the leaves, the birds singing, cars driving past, sound of aeroplanes flying above the sky, new sounds, music, actions, new faces, familiar faces...it's a whole new world for her.

One thing that I find amusing about her is during our daily Chinese flash cards session. I usually do that during their meals time. Without fail, she would always give me big smile by scrunching up her face everytime she sees the flash cards.

Apart from that she is great eater. She knows when I am preparing meals for her and JD in the kitchen. She would crawl into the kitchen at a lightning speed, holding onto my legs going "Mummmmmmm". And if I happened to put the food out for her brother first, she would crawl quickly to his table trying to grab his food. Then when she couldn't succeed, she would get horribly upset.

She likes her vegies. And we discovered that she enjoys eating a corn cob!



She also likes to play with her brother's toys, much to his annoyance at times. She likes the Duplo blocks just as much as JD. And JD gets really annoyed with her when she tries to destroy his special built rocket - not intentionally though! But JD is a good brother - he would just call out for me to grab her and is usually very gentle with Chloe.

Conversely, she is the one that likes to pull his hair. Yikes!


JD loves his sister and they pay a lot of attention to one another. He likes to make Chloe laugh when they are sitting at the back of the car. She finds him immensely amusing and I often hear her chuckle at his antics. Sometimes Chloe will make noise that sounds like "Jayden" and true enough JD would get very excited and said to me "She calls me Jayden!" I think that's beautiful.

I am also trying to include her in our daily activities. Lately, I have put her on the high chair when we do some Play Dough. She would feel it between her fingers and try to eat it when she thinks I am not looking. But a little piggy like her, I have to keep my watchful eyes on her.

I have also included her in some painting sessions. For her age, it's mostly me holding her chubby little hands to do some finger painting or just put some colours on her fingers and let her mess around.

It's a bit of effort, but it's better than me trying to hold her in my arms and stop her from interfering with her brother.

That way, they both get to enjoy and I don't really mind the mess as we can always clean up after that :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ping said...

I see JD wearing an apron. Did you sew that as well?

p/s Kids are like "sponge". Keep flashing educational cards to her. The absorbs knowledge like sponge absorbs water.

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Hi Lee Ping, I didn't sew the blue apron JD was wearing. My mom bought that for him almost a year ago but it's getting a bit small for him.

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger bp said...

Your kids are beautiful... and they are having such a great time with all that you are doing for them! With your love and patience, no wonder they are fast learners!

Blessings to you and your family!

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

u are such an awesome parent! i hv not even begin to include so many fun activities for my 1+ yr old. Yr post gave me an idea for my girl, am gonna let her play with the playdough tomorrow :D all the while i just thought she was too young to play with it.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home