Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yummy roast pork

I got a really great Siew Yoke (roast pork) recipe from this and that site. They are both busy moms but yet so good and creative with their cooking.

I have a pork belly sitting in my freezer. I was wanting to make a stew out of it, but my husband wanted me to roast it.

So, I got to work and this was the end result. For a first attempt, I was rather happy with the result and everyone loves it. Hubby ate the most - no doubt, JD said it was "yummy tummy", Chloe also ate some, I only had a few because I was already running late for a training tonight.

When I got home, and hoping for a late dinner, all the Siew Yoke were gone!

But at least I managed to take some pics of it before I went out of the house.


And both kids couldn't wait for dinner!

9 Comments:

Blogger Little Impala said...

Wow... looks good for 1st attempt! I will try this recipe soon ... i hope. :)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

Looks yummy and I went to Lily's site, almost like my parents' recipe but i think she's right, scoring is better than poking.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Lee Ping said...

Thanks for your compliments. Your siew yoke looks great as well.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger chiaki said...

Thanks for the link, i'm always on the lookout for good foodblogs :-)
And your roast pork looks yummy!
So JD's a meat lover too ya? My girl likes it too!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

wah! i want too... may i? may i?? looked very delicious and since all gone when you are home.. it must be delicious. prepare more and fly some over ya :)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger JJ said...

Of course tasty !

JJ

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

How did you manage to get the kids with such a look. JD really looks like he is begging for the xiu-yok. haha

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Eternal Sunshine - I didn't have to get them to look that way. They are 2 very good eaters, and these days it's Miss C that gets to the table first when she sees me plates of food on there. JD, well, he just loves his food!

Jean - Heehee, afraid the Siew Yoke might not be fresh when it gets to Sin though!

Chiakichan - Yes, JD loves his meat. But lil Miss C is a bigger meat eater!

Thursday, June 14, 2007  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

JD: May we have moooooooooore?

Thursday, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home