Thursday, May 24, 2007

Red Dot Baby

She had a fever on Monday, and I gave her some infant paracetamol to bring down the fever as recommended by the nurse. She seems better on Tuesday but was still grumpy. Yesterday she was happier. But today, she is not happy at all.

She cries everytime I leave her side. She wants to be held constantly. She is quieter. She lost interest in her food.

Initially we thought it was teething.

But when I noticed red spots and rashes over her belly and back, I knew it was something else. The alarm bells in my head started ringing and I quickly drove her to the doctor.

Poor Chloe has Roseola Infantum. It is a common mild viral illness in babies and young children. And my heart was pacing when I thought it was measles.

Poor girl. That's why she has been so miserable and the doctor said the rashes normally appears after the fever has subsided.

And I was trying all ways to make her happier. Including letting her typed away on my keyboard. But that didn't last long. Poor baby, as her brother said!

Well, that lasted for 10 secs, and she started crying and sucked her 2 little fingers for self-comfort. In a way, she is really sweet. She knows she is unwell, can't tell me exactly what she is feeling, so she keeps sucking her fingers all day to comfort herself. Kasihan!

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Impala said...

Poor Miss C. Hope she is feeling better and happier now. Mommy must also take care ok!

Friday, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

Phew, luckily it ain't measles..but having fever sucks big time for both baby and adult.

Friday, May 25, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

aww... look at her.. she is sad, i can see but she is a sweet little girl.. get well soon, Chloe!

Friday, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Vyvy said...

awwww... poor baby... hope she recovers real soon

Saturday, May 26, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

how is Chloe now? better?

Monday, May 28, 2007  
Blogger JJ said...

This is 29th already. I suppose Chloe has recovered by now. ( i am trying on the function of blog commenting adjusted by Shir.)

JJ

Tuesday, May 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home