Saturday, June 16, 2007

Growing Up Again

JD just showed me that he is growing up again.

In the last 2 weeks, I felt a change in him. He is becoming even more independent and sometimes his independence almost caught me by surprise.

I was going to tuck him in last night. And as we walked towards his room, he dashed off and stopped at his door. He turned around and said to me "Mommy, this is my room. Goodnight!" I asked "How about a kiss and a cuddle?". He said to me "No mommy, I don't need kiss and cuddle anymore. I can go to sleep now!" Wah!!!!!!!!!!!

Then this morning while I was still half asleep in bed, not wanting to get up from my warm bed. I heard some shuffling noises from the hall way. I heard the little steps going into the toilet, overheard some tinkling noises, then back to the bathroom, tap turned on, electric toothbrush went on for a while. Yep, JD got up and did all that while I was still in bed.
I was smiling in bed when I heard all that. I was expecting he would come into my room, but he didn't.

Then the house went very quiet. Too quiet for my comfort to get up and investigate.

This was what I found.

The TV turned onto the kids channel. And he has gotten the bread, margarine out and made himself some breakfast.

JD is growing up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Oooops JD.. caught on camera. It is heartwarming to see him growing up and be the little big man in the house ya

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

He is such a clever boy. Hmm, I wonder if Belle will be as independent as him when she's 3.

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

wow how smart! u hv taught him well!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home