Sunday, June 17, 2007

Curry Pork Bread Rolls

Lately I am into cooking again.

Part of it is also because JD is at the stage when he will request for me to make something different. Each time he eats something nice, he will turn around to ask if I could make the same. He has requested for me to make croissant which I am yet to attempt, cheese and vegemite scroll which we did last week, his favourite Siew Yoke a few days ago. Yesterday he wanted me to make some fresh bread rolls!

Thank goodness for the person that came up with the idea of a Breadmaker. The machine did all the mixing, kneading, rising for me! After 1 hr 10 mins, I took the dough out, broke it up into 15 portions and roll them each into a ball.

Next I fried some onions and garlic in the wok, add some minced pork in, seasoned it with curry powder, some salt and sugar. Leave the filling aside till it cooled.

When the bread roll has risen to double its side, I flatten them again and put a heap teaspoon of filling into the bun and tucked in the ends. Put the kneaded ends face down and they are all ready for the oven.


And 15 mins later, we have some fresh curry pork bread rolls!

I love the aroma of a fresh bread on a cool and chilly evening! It warms up the house as well as the heart. Seeing my kids enjoying them was enough for me though.



Right now, I am off to finish sewing the little apron for JD!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ping said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Lee Ping said...

I misread, so I removed my previous comment. Your kids enjoyed the rolls. When my family and guests finishes the food I made and even request seconds, it is a great reward for me.

I should "buy" my kids apron.

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger bp said...

Wow, your bread looks really good... like the store-bought ones. Must be very yummy! =)

Sunday, June 17, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

wah! the curry breads look really good and delicious! Breadmaker, nice to have....but my grace doesn't eat more than 1 slice of bread so I've been hesitating to buy one :|

Monday, June 18, 2007  
Blogger JJ said...

One of my kitchen dream is to make meat buns and chicken pies like yours.

JJ

Monday, June 18, 2007  
Blogger LiL'deviL said...

Wahhh...so yummy! Can express post us some? ekkek...

Wahhh...sew apron! Such a hardworking mum! Wish I could have half of your talents...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

my, my truly talented u are! the buns look so pro! i could almost smell them!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home