Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Very Long Overdue Date

Yesterday was the first time in 2 years we had a day to ourselves, with no kids in tow, for a day anyway. Somehow we just kept pushing it back and back. There's always something that came in the way, like the husband's career change, the excessive workload that came with the job, timing not right, starting out a new business, a new baby, a growing 3.5 yo that requires lots of time and patience, me juggling working full time with a kid, pregnancy .... and the list can go on and on.

I guess, things are just starting to settle down now.

My husband took a day off, and we spent the whole day together by ourselves. We dropped the kids off at daycare bright and early by 8am! We went for breakfast, had coffee, read the paper, chatted, enjoying the company of one another. There was no worrying about the 3.5yo getting bored, not having to worry about feeding the baby, we were free.

To not have that freedom for so long was just exhilarating!

We went shopping, stocked up on a few things for the upcoming birthdays and xmas. We walked, we chatted again! It was good to talk uninterruptedly. Good, quality conversation.

We drove to places, we jumped in and out of the car not having to worry about buckling the little ones into their car seats. We chatted non-stop in the car. Not worrying about one saying "Excuse me, can I talk now?" or the younger one fussing over a toy that was dropped onto the floor. My hubby drove, I sat back, relax.

We walked holding hands, and my shoulder felt lighter all of a sudden. I didn't have to carry my bag stock with nappies, wipes, spare clothes, bibs, water, hats and what nots! I could carry my little handbag with just a purse, a phone and a set of keys! In fact I could not worry about bringing a handbag at all!

We ate. We lunched. Big time at the Oyster Bar. We sat in the warm winter sun, enjoying the view of a bright winter day in Perth! Maybe I ate a bit too much, but heck, this kind of quality time does not come around too often. Pic from top to bottom: We share entrees: Oysters Kilpatrick, Chilli Squid Salad and our Mains: Scoth Fillet Steak and my NZ Grouper!




4pm came! It was time to pick up the kids. It was a good day. A long overdue date.

5 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

深深祝福!

JJ

Wednesday, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Lee Ping said...

Dear Harimau,

This is a good reminder for me to go on a "date" with my hubby.

I can truly relate to almost everything you mentioned in your article, especially the part when you said your shoulder feel lighter from not carrying extra baggage.

Thursday, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

1st time in 2 years ... u deserve the break :) the food looks good! glad to kno u and hubs got some quality and romantic time together :P

Thursday, June 28, 2007  
Blogger bp said...

What a wonderful day and date it must have been! =)

Thursday, June 28, 2007  
Blogger alternative-mom said...

It sounds really wonderful and relaxing. I can totally identify with the constantly "on our toes" part, although I only have one. I haven't had this luxury for three years and I'm not even sure if I'm up to a date now! Haha ...

BTW, you've been tagged! Have fun!

Friday, June 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home