Friday, May 18, 2007

Outdoor Fun

I borrowed this Hexa Gym together with a ladder and slide from the toy library the other day. It's one of the best outdoor toys I have borrowed so far. It was heavy to lift into the back of the 4WD the other day, and a nice passerby came to give me a hand. I really like the idea of toy library. An annual membership of $50 entitles me to borrow lots of different toys including this one which would have easily cost me $150 to buy! And the kids get to play with different toys every 3 weeks or weekly if I wish to!

The kids have had so much fun climbing, crawling through the equipment. JD had a lightbulb idea of converting the slide into yet another racing track. So he spent most of his time racing his matchbox cars down the slide while Miss C would quite happily crawl in and out of the gym, climbing the stairs and learning to come down bottom rather than head first.

And because they were having so much fun out in the garden, and more so with the glorious autumn weather, we have been building blocks out in the garden, eating our tea breaks and lunches there, reading, stories time and etc etc. I even took the opportunity to wash the glass doors and windows while the kids were happily playing on the mat. As my kitchen overlooks the back garden, I could also prepare the meals quickly and easily while also keeping an eye on them.


Let just say they have been very well occupied this week :) And they are playing together very happily.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vyvy said...

how nice when one's house got a garden.... over in singapore not many folks have the luxury of a garden. can see that the kids really enjoyed themselves

Friday, May 18, 2007  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Chloe looks like saying 'Let me go, let me go' in the last picture.

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

They play together! How adorable. :)

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

Wow! it's so nice to be able to have this big slide at the back of the yard. Look at JD and chloe, they are so adorable esp the last pic with JD holding onto Chloe and she looking at her brother. So sweet :)

Monday, May 21, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

These two are just such adorable pumpkins....*pinch*

Monday, May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home