Monday, June 11, 2007

Boy's Talk

I have had lots of funny conversations with JD lately.

I sat down to play a game of Dominoes with JD after lunch. Whilst playing, he was very reluctant to match any of the puzzles with the picture of a cow on it. He flicked it aside everytime he saw one, telling me "I don't want a piece with the cow on it!". After probing, his reply was:


JD: Mommy, I don't love cows
Me: Oh, then what do you like?
JD: Mommy, I only love snails!

Yep. He likes catching snails in the garden!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another incident happened over the weekend. My hubby in the mood to celebrate a big milestone in our lives together, got a new LCD screen for the family room. Upon waking up from his afternoon sleep, JD was shocked to see the new screen! And the following conversation took place:


JD: Daddy, why did you get such a big screen for?
Daddy: Oh because I think it looks good
JD: Daddy, I think this screen is too big, I think you should take it back to the shop
Daddy: Oh, please let me keep it!
JD: Ok, have you worked hard for it? Let me go look at your star chart
JD: Mommy!!!!!!! Where is daddy's chart? Has he got enough stickers yet?

Hahahaha. At home to avoid me nagging JD to get himself ready everyday, I have a star chart for him. He needs to get up in the morning, brushes his teeth, get changed, have his breakfast without any nagging or fuss, have his shower in the evening, and lastly pack the toys away.

On top of that we have another incentive chart when he has to work hard for 30 stickers in return for something special.

In the last month, he has gotten himself 30 stickers for a new set of LEGO.

Call it bribery perhaps in a child's world. But heck, it saves me nagging and repeating myself. JD usually picks up his act when I reminded him to check his chart :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another incident happened in the car when driving back from the zoo. Chloe was playing with her rattle and she dropped it. From the sound of it, I figured that she was trying to reach it from her car seat. And from my rear mirror, I saw that she looked at JD and mumbled a few baby language to him.

It seems like JD understood it all:
Chloe: Yayayayaya, ngek
JD: Oh that's ok Chloe!
Chloe: Ngek, bababababa
JD: Sorry, we can't get it now, nothing we can do about.
Chloe: Silence
JD: Chloe, close your eyes for a while, have a rest!

Hahahaha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Also recently, while explaining to JD about being water wise, that we are facing drought here in OZ. As a results the farmers are suffering, costs of fruits & vegetables going up and that we must not waste any water or food. In other words, I was trying to show him about being grateful for what we have. But I also felt that he took in a whole meaning of it. That he emphatize with the farmers.
So one night while my husband let the water ran freely in the sink to prepare for washing the dishes, JD almost furiously walked into the kitchen:
JD: Daddy, please, mommy said not to let the water run
Daddy: Huh!
JD: Tsk, because there won't be enough water for the farmers
JD: And, I would have no strawberries to eat!!!!
Truth is, sometimes I hear a little ME speaking in the background. Oops!

5 Comments:

Blogger Little Impala said...

This post cracks me up! JD is really cute and innocent. :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

Star chart for daddy, eh? That's a thought! LOL!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

Little JD is growing up fast! His conversation with you so funny. I like the one which Chloe needed his help and his answer to her is so funny.

Oh yes, sometimes, I see myself speaking too thru grace :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Yeah daddy. Where is YOUR star chart!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

Hmmm...JD is certainly very certain of what he wants !

Saturday, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home